If you’re considering a building project, you’ve probably heard of design-build project delivery. One of the frequent questions we are asked is, “What are the advantages of the design-build delivery method over the traditional design-bid-build method?” As an experienced design-build contractor, we have built over 40 projects through our design-build delivery method. We put together 7 benefits of design-build construction. You can check them out below:
- Teamwork: Everybody involved in the project works together. We all share the same goal, to build a project that meets or exceeds the owner’s expectations. Since everybody is on the same team, everybody works together to form solutions to any problem.
- Accountability: The design-builder is held accountable, including the finished building, total cost, and the entire process. Through the design-build delivery method, the design-builder pays more attention to scheduling and pricing during the design phase.
- Efficiency: The design-build firm is involved in the project from start to finish which creates an efficient and effective process. There is a huge advantage when the builder and designer are a part of the same team creating a more collaborative environment.
- Involvement: For owners that want to be an active participant in the design and construction of their building, the design-build process is the way to go. By being actively involved in their project, they are guaranteed that the outcome of the project will meet or exceed their expectations. Being a part of the entire process also gives the building owner a strong sense of pride to their building.
- Communication: The design-build process is transparent because clients are a part of the project from the design to completion. Having clear communication also means that the budget is defined early in the design process which provides a guideline for construction and an agreement throughout the project.
- Time-Saving: Design-build projects can be completed in a shorter amount of time because scheduling for the project can begin before the design is finalized, and potential problems are uncovered early. Enhanced communication also keeps everything progressing in a fluid process. The design-build process is adaptive and responsive in the field which means construction decisions can be made without change orders and sometimes without additional fees.
- Cost Savings: According to the Design-Build Institute of America, choosing the design-build delivery method means owners can save approximately 6% of total project costs. With fewer change orders and a faster delivery, the savings are impressive.
In short, our design-build delivery method offers peace of mind, cost-effective design, and construction and the ability to open for business more quickly than any other delivery method. Interested in learning more? Contact us today for more detailed information.