For those clients who choose to take advantage of Huff Construction’s design-build delivery method, our thorough process, which includes weekly team meetings, leads to numerous benefits such as:
- Enhanced communication: Our rigorous design schedules include weekly team meetings, which hold each team member accountable for progress every week. Specific design and construction details are being developed throughout the entire process and the focus stays on owner “value”. The communication benefits of working with a design professional and a construction expert at the same time ensure that potential problems are discovered before the project starts.
- Faster project completion – Design-build projects can be completed in a shorter amount of time because: Bid time is reduced, scheduling for the project can begin before design is finalized, potential construction problems are uncovered early and enhanced communication keeps everything moving.
- Reduced stress on the owner: Our design-build method provides a single source for your entire project. In the classic design-bid-build method the owner must: Select an architect/designer, finalize the design, bid the project, select a contractor, and then act as an intermediary. The design-build method fosters teamwork and lends itself to cooperation. The relationship built during the design phase helps to ensure that the stage is set for a successful construction project.
- Budget management – Our weekly team meetings allow the design team to coordinate resulting in cleaner plans and eliminating unnecessary change orders which in turn, reduces costs. Discussing budget during the design phase (not waiting until the bids come in) helps to keep the projects within a realistic budget. Communicating the cost implications of design decisions ensures that the owner plays a key role in arriving at the final project price. Once the scope of work has been finalized, the project costs are clearly defined and controlled by the design-build firm. This results in reduced design and construction costs.
- Quality Control – The design-build method helps to remove the ambiguity that may arise in material and construction specifications. Since the designer, engineer and builder are from the same firm, the focus remains on protecting the client’s interest.
Additionally, providing value solutions to key areas of the project up front can offer an owner savings that can be directed toward other areas of the project such as finish amenities or higher performance materials and systems. Investment in these areas can provide prolonged benefits due to savings in maintenance and operating costs.
In short, our design-build delivery method offers peace of mind, cost-effective design, and construction and the ability to open for business more quickly than any other delivery method. Interested in learning more? Contact us today for more detailed information.